A family has been hospitalised after carbon monoxide (CO) was present in their Sydney east home. The parents who arrived home at about 1:30pm on Monday found their children unconscious. Continue reading Sydney family hospitalised after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning
PEOPLE in Sydney are experiencing days of thick smoke haze blanketing across their city, due to hazard-reduction burn-offs and unseasonably warm weather with only light winds with stable conditions. Continue reading Sydney smoke haze: What to do if your smoke alarms go off
A FIRE in a double-storey house in Melbourne’s west with no working smoke alarms has claimed a woman’s life who was unable to escape during the early morning hours last weekend.
This tragic incident cautions us about how not being fire safety conscious can lead to detrimental consequences. Continue reading Melbourne home with no working smoke alarms claims woman’s life
AS WE enter cold winter months, Australians need to turn their attention to fire safety in their homes.
During winter we use heating equipment that, especially after months in storage, can cause house fires resulting in significant property damage and the loss of life. Continue reading Winter warning of alarming house fire risk
A family home in Sydney’s inner west has been destroyed by fire just after 5:30am on Tuesday morning.
The family became aware of the fire, when their working smoke alarms began to sound. All but one member escaped through the front door while a teenage girl jumped from the balcony. Continue reading Sydney family alerted by sounding smoke alarms in early morning blaze
Recently an indoor gas heater in an elderly couple’s Victorian home was found to be leaking carbon monoxide (CO) gas when a technician carried out a maintenance check. Continue reading Dangerous CO gas found lurking in Victorian home
A NEW South Wales Coroner’s inquest into the tragic death of nine-year-old girl has revealed her Western Sydney home had no working smoke alarms at the time of the fire in 2016. Continue reading NSW inquest into daughter’s death finds lack of working smoke alarms in family home
ONE way to burn-off excess chocolate consumption this Sunday is to check all the smoke alarms in your home.
This weekend, Easter Sunday is also the end of daylight saving time in most states plus April Fools’ Day. It is also a very important day for home fire safety with winter right around the corner. Continue reading Remember the batteries with your Easter eggs this weekend