Do I need to maintain my smoke alarm? Why do I have to change the battery so regularly?
Yes! We explain why:
- Replace batteries in smoke alarms regularly – at least once a year. Whether you own 240V or a 9V models, both types include batteries and need regular maintenance.
- Having a smoke detector is great, but it has to be working. Only working smoke alarms save lives, and for them to work they need charged batteries.
- Research has found that over 50% of installed basic smoke detectors do not have batteries inserted. This can be a fatal mistake in case of a fire as there will be no warning and people put their lives at risk.
- We recommend our photoelectric smoke alarm with a built-in 10-year lithium battery. It will last for 10 years so you do not have to worry about replacing the battery every year.
- Do you keep forgetting to check your smoke alarms and change their batteries? You can subscribe for helpful regular reminders.